Monday, August 07, 2006

Jeffries and Team USA: An unlikely combo

Although you most likely won't find Jared Jeffries ever playing for Team USA (let's face it, he's not that good), he does make news with the Dream Team...errrrrrrr...the totally committed basketball supergroup.

Isiah Thomas just can't quit long-term silly contracts. Jared Jeffries as a player is totally fine. He doesn't overwhelm you with greatness, but apparently he's a terrific defender (by the way, when did that happen?). But Zeke, Zeke, Zeke. You shouldn't be allowed to give guys 5-year, $30 million contracts anymore.

Now, the beloved Knicks have to move Quentin Richardson. I can't wait to see where this goes. I am crossing my fingers and hoping for Darius Miles. Please, Blazer nation, let this happen.

As for Team USA, take that China!!! USA, USA, USA!!!!

Oh, have I mentioned that LeBron is good?

Maybe more after I see the highlights, but I make no guarantees.

No comments: